In March, April and May of 2021 Serbia had a huge publicity in the world media due to vaccination which was available for foreigners. That process was suspended after some time, but the need remained. I wrote about that in one of the previous posts. Since then we saw huge number of requests for vaccination in Serbia for tourists. Unfortunately, aside of registering their interest for getting a vaccine in the government e-system, we couldn’t do much more.
**** As of mid April 2022 the vaccination for foreign tourists is no longer available in the way described on this page. There is still a possibility to get vaccinated as a foreigner in Serbia, but the application process is no longer automated. In order to get a vaccine you need to go to a health center and request a vaccine, the process is the same for Serbian citizens and foreigners. We can’t provide appointment confirmation upfront anymore. Online booking option on this page is discontinued and the “Book now” button doesn’t offer any booking options anymore. In case the situation changes, we will post an update here. ****
Update October 2022
Vaccination for foreign tourists is still possible, there are two vaccines available for this purpose: PfizerBiontech and Sinopharm. Vaccination is organized in local health centers and it’s held every working day during the health center’s working hours. Passport or an ID is required for the vaccination, as well as filling out certain forms. Upfront appointments are not possible. After each shot you receive a certificate proof which is aligned with the EU green certificate. If you need assistance in this matter please send an inquiry to [email protected] and we will process each inquiry individually. We can offer assistance in the process, transfers, accommodation, sightseeing.
Luckily the situation has changed since mid August 2021 and Serbian authorities are now again allowing vaccination in Serbia for tourists. There are some conditions that need to be met, but all-in-all the process is pretty straightforward.
How the vaccination in Serbia for tourists works (updated in January 2022)
In order get a vaccine you should know following:
- You can’t apply for the vaccine on your own. Your application needs to be submitted by a travel agency or a hospitality facility (registered hotel, hostel or private accommodation). There is a registering system which is not publicly available.
- Vaccine is free
- Vaccination for this purpose is held in Belgrade only, at the fairground. Other cities in Serbia are not included in this campaign.
- Vaccination for tourists who received their appointments is executed only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- There are three vaccines available for this purpose: PfizerBiontech, AstraZeneca and Sinopharm. NOTE: Even if you apply for a certain kind of vaccine and you get a confirmation, on the day of vaccination you’ll be offered with a vaccine which is available currently. This is the official information from The Office for Public Health, but so far from our experience, everybody who applied got the vaccine of their choice.
- When you get a confirmation for the appointment for the first dose, you’ll get a date for the second dose as well.
- After the vaccination you’ll receive a certificate in English and Serbian with QR code with all the details about the vaccine you received, dates, institution which gave it, etc.
- After both shots are received you can obtain your EU Green Certificate from this link
What the travel agency does in the process?
The basic service we provide is to book you a vaccination appointment. Our service fee to book you an appointment is 32€ per person. You can pay for the service by clicking on the “Book now” button bellow. On top of that, we can book you accommodation in a 4* hotel Belgrade City Savoy in the city center and we can organize transfers from/to the airport from/to the hotel and a round transfer with the assistance from hotel to the vaccination ground.
Once you complete the payment you’ll receive a receipt email with instructions and a link to the form on our website with details required by the official government portal. After we we receive the details we will forward those to the official system and you’ll get the confirmation to your email. Please note that this last step is done manually so it might take some time from the moment you fill out the details on our website until the data are processed. Especially if you complete the process outside of regular working hours. If from any reason your application is denied by the system and you don’t receive vaccination appointment, you’ll receive a full refund.
Other services we are able to provide outside the basic ones are listed in the table below.
|Transfers to the vaccination ground|
|Single room 70€ per night including breakfast|
|Double room 90€ per night including breakfast|
|English speaking guide assistance|
|City tours in Belgrade|
|Day trips from Belgrade|
For any additional explanation or inquiry you can reach out to us through our contact page or call us/WhatsApp/Viber us through our number +38163684466.
If you need a negative PCR test for your return trip please read the following post.